Thanks to Bollywood and all our Indian woods, we love Swiss scenes and want to go there at least once! Swiss landscape is lovely filled with greenery at the base while the mountains are still covered with snow! Add Rhine Falls and Black Forest to the itinerary – and it is a perfect bargain! Do join in and let us have a fun filled Indian excursion in a tourist bus. Click here to book now…
…..Trip: DenHaag-Schiphol-Amstelveen-Eindhoven-Monchengladbach - Black Forest – Swiss (3 days) – return.
…..Pickup: Friday, 25-March:- 6am-DenHaag, 7am-Amstelveen, 8:30am-Eindhoven, 10:15am-Monchengladbach
…..Return arrival: Tuesday, 29-March:- 4.15am-Monchengladbach, 6am-Eindhoven, 7:45 Amstelveen, 8.15am Schiphol, 9am-DenHaag
…..Package: Transport and sightseeing by bus + accommodation with breakfast + tour leader
…..Detailed itinerary: scroll down or click here
…..Germany pick-up/drop at Monchengladbach Hbf (25 minutes from Dusseldorf).
…..Day 1 food: Bring your own food OR buy Indian breakfast (€ 5 p.p) and/or vegetarian lunch (€ 8 p.p) on board the bus at Eindhoven.
…..Day 4: Be with the tour OR plan your own day in Interlaken.
…..Food: Possibility for Indian lunch and dinner on most days
Pricing based on 2 adults occupancy per room*:
|….For each…||till March 1||from March 2|
|Adult (13yrs+)1||€ 399||€ 415|
|Next generation (6yrs to 12.9yrs)2||€ 289||€ 289|
|Kids (3 to 5.9yrs)2 3||€ 199||€ 199|
|Infants (0 to 2.9yrs)2 3||€ 99||€ 99|
|1 – maximum 1 child per adult (additional children can pay adult fare and join in)
2 – Rate when accompanied by an adult
3 – when using existing bedding in a double/twin room
*For single room, extra cost of €150 on adult price.
Step 0: Make sure each person’s passport is valid at least till 31-March and so also Residence Permit (where applicable) (Passport is mandatory. Netherlands Residence Permit is not a valid travel document outside Netherlands).
Step 1: Send mail to email@example.com by clicking the button [button link=”http://2migrate.com/skandatravels/booking-form/swiss-march-25/” target=”_blank” color=”white” shape=”rounded” size=”small” ] Booking – Swiss March 25[/button].
Step 2: Within 24 hours you will get an availability/unavailability confirmation. Upon confirmation of seat availability, transfer the amount to the account of Skanda Travels B.V – IBAN number: NL23 ABNA 0572 7560 46 (ABN AMRO), BIC: ABNANL2A.
Step 3: After payment, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will get an acknowledgement confirming seat reservation.
- The pricing does not include any entry fees to sightseeing points, lunch, dinner etc. It covers for only what is mentioned in the package.
- The rates are based on 2 persons (+ their kids) per hotel room basis. If you want single rooms or wish more than 2 beds/occupancy, please contact email@example.com. Kids above 6yrs get an extra (sofa)bed.
- Cancellation (cut off time is midnight CET):
- Till March 1: free cancellation
- From March 2 to March 10: 75% of the cost will be refunded
- From March 11 to March 16: 25% of the cost will be refunded
- From March 16: refund is not possible
- Seat confirmation is subject to availability of seats. Confirmation will normally be done within 24 hrs. If not done in 24 hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call/Whatsapp Skanda Travels at (0031) 655 456 091.
- When you are a group of 3 people, all seats may not be possible in a single row in the 2+2 seats bus.
- Skanda Travels will not be responsible for accidents/medical treatments. It is recommended to have your own travel insurance.
- 25-March, Friday:
- 6:00 – pick-up from Den Haag Centraal
- 6:35 – pick-up from Schiphol airport
- 6:55 – pick-up from Amstelveen (outside bus station, near Cobra museum)
- 8:30 – pickup at Eindhoven (passport will be checked before leaving)
- 10:30 – pickup at Monchengladbach, Germany
- Drive thru Black Forest – visit Mummelsee where you can roam around the calm lake in the forest, buy a cuckoo clock, kids can have some free time at the tiny play area. Continue in the Black Forest route towards Swiss border for overnight stay close to Swiss border at Wyndham Gardens, Donaueschingen.
- 26-March, Saturday:
- 8:45 – check-out from the hotel and depart to Swiss. We visit Rhine Falls – the largest in Swiss, Zurich (short stop), the cute village of Vitznau and Mt Rigi.
- At the end of the day, we check-in to the Holiday Inn Express, Rothenburg or similar.
- 27-March, Sunday:
- morning: We go to Engelberg. Go to Mount Titlis to experience the cable car, Rotair and of course snow! On top of Titlis, you also experience the ice cave and cliff walk bridge.
- afternoon: We visit Lucerne city
- evening: after dinner, depart to the same hotel as previous day.
- 28-March, Monday:
- We go towards Interlaken. You may plan your own day (Jungfrau) OR just be with the tour! The tour will cover at optional costs a boat ride in the Interlaken lake, shopping time in Interlaken, Trummelback falls (if open), paragliding and time for a small trek.
- 18:30 depart to Netherlands. Dinner will be on the way at a highway hotel.
- 29-March, Tuesday:
- 4:15AM – Arrival, Monchengladbach
- 6:15AM – Arrival, Eindhoven
- 7:45AM – Arrival, Amstelveen
- 8:15AM – Arrival, Schiphol
- 9:00AM – Arrival Den Haag
- What are the other costs I need to keep in mind? Ans: The following are the optional costs depending on what you want to do: Rhine falls boat ride – CHF 9, Mt Titlis – CHF 73, Mt Rigi – CHF 38, Interlaken boating – CHF 12, Trummelbach falls – CHF 12, paragliding – CHF 175, Mt Jungfrau – CHF 200. For food you can consider about – €150. Anyone who has been to Swiss will say it is a must go place but also expensive! Even public transport is so expensive! Approximate you can consider 1 CHF = 1 EUR.
- What is the difference between a tour in March Vs May? Ans: In March you will see the Swiss valleys covered in snow while in May it is green. Both are lovely in their own perspective. In March Aaregorge and Trummelbach falls could be closed.
- Are the tickets to the attractions reserved ahead or do we need to buy on arrival? Ans: Skanda Travels will reserve the tickets in advance for the group and make necessary arrangements so that you do not have to wait in line for the tickets. Once your reservation is complete, Skanda Travels will communicate with you on how this will be arranged.
- Are food arrangements also made? Ans: Yes. Breakfast (Continental) at the hotel is already included it the price. For lunch there will be a break and the tour leader will brief you the options where you can help yourself. Indian dinner will be arranged on most days and you can opt for it. If you do not want to opt for it, you will have other options nearby. Once your reservation is complete, Skanda Travels will communicate with you on how this will be arranged.
- I want to send my parents only. Will there be someone to guide them? Ans: The tour leader will accompany the group to all attractions in the tour itinerary. As long as they are physically fit for mild walks to attractions, it is not a problem. Almost every tour will have 8 to 10 elder parents!
- Will I get to see snow in this tour? Ans: Mt Titlis will have snow 365 days of the year!
- What is the clothing needed? Ans: up the Mt Titlis, it could be cold even in summer especially if it is windy. It is better to carry winter like clothing and wear it if needed. For other places, it is better to check the weather a week or so in advance and wear accordingly.
- I’m coming alone. Will I have to share my hotel room with another person? Ans: You have an option either ways. If you do not want to share you need to mention upfront in the email and it will cost €150 extra.
- I’m alone. I don’t mind a same gender roommate, but not otherwise. Ans: Pls mention this in your email and we will make sure you are either alone or with same gender roommate. You need not pay the extra €150.
- We are a group of 3 friends. Is it possible that we share the same room with an extra bed in the room? Ans: This depends on availability of triple rooms. Mention this at the time of reservation by email to email@example.com so that arrangements can be checked. Please note that the extra bed may not be comfortable for an adult and so this arrangement is not recommended by Skanda Travels.
- What are the departure points? Ans: Near the bus/train station. When there are more than 10 people coming from any other city, a pick-up will be added as long as the schedule is not disturbed
- What is the group like? Ans: It is expected to be a largely Indians – singles, couples, families and elder parents.
- Can I bring along a non-Indian? Ans: You may, but please do set their expectation that the crowd is primarily Indian – the languages, movies, chit chatting could all be in a different language than they can understand!
- The return night journey seems long? Ans: True. However the benefits overweigh the discomfort. If not for this night journey, folks would need to take an extra day off just to be pretty much sitting in the bus on the return + pay extra for the night accommodation. Feedback from the folks from the previous trips has been that it was quite comfortable. I think the net inconvenience from amongst the group is for the working folks who might need to take some time off in the morning.
- Will I need to buy Swiss Pass? Ans: No! Swiss Pass (costs CHF 210 per person) is required when you are travelling by yourself using Swiss public transport. In this tour, our tour bus takes us to attraction places. The transport to the places mentioned in the itinerary is already included in the pricing.
Book Now: [button link=”http://2migrate.com/skandatravels/booking-form/swiss-march-25/” target=”_blank” color=”white” shape=”rounded” size=”small” ] Booking – Swiss March 25[/button]